Monday, May 04, 2009

Strengths & Weaknesses

I was seeing some of my classmates' blogs, and as a common result I can say that we all have some problems in punctuation. There are some of them that are not as much than others, but I think that this is the more frequent aspect in which we are making mistakes.

But actually, what can we do about this? I think that this happen because we don't know how to punctuate words in spanish properly, so we don't either how to punctuate in english.

This is a really common weakness, because maybe we didn't have a proper education about punctuation in our schools and some of us have proper punctuation lessons.

And talking about strengths I would say that our biggest strenght is originality. We are making really good texts, as I saw in some classmates' blogs, some of them with some jokes and some interesting topics that are keeping you thinking about the writing after you stop reading it.

2 comments:

  1. Very appropriate comment. I totally agree. Note that I just put a link in the "site" folder on punctuation and clauses (check Virtual). It's perfect for you guys--students of LV and syntax!

    The good news is that with dedicated practice, you will learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KLAU:
    I think you are right when you talk about our bad punctuation. In fact, it is the main problem at school and even in teachers. I think that issue is due to a lack of properly communication between young people. In my point of view MSN has encourage an “improperly language”, without comas, grammatical structures, complete words, etc. Moreover, at elementary school pupils are not doing a good job in this area. But I would like to say that we have the opportunity to improve our grammar now.
    Best regards
    ****Felipe

    ReplyDelete